I established Adroit Narratives LLC in 2015 to elevate the online marketing profiles of businesses. This expert content consultancy specializes in blogs, websites and social media campaigns. I’ve leveraged more than 20 years in business news to deliver effective storytelling for businesses. Before becoming a communications consultant, I honed my writing skills as a news desk editor and reporter covering commodities, financial markets and government policymaking. Most of my business news experience was in the digital realm, and I craft specialized marketing content for business audiences.
I’ve converted my communications expertise from news editing into content writing and marketing skills for companies looking to elevate their brand equity. I’m adept at gathering complex data and points of view from multiple sources and turning that around to convey a crisp, simple message. I’m a streamliner and I excel at organizing information into clear formats for wide audiences. This content creation is focused on sophisticated subject matter for businesses and institutions.
I gained exposure to a variety of markets and business sectors as a news gatherer. In particular, I have developed expertise in energy, public policymaking, investment management and commodities markets. I enjoy traveling for business to get first-hand awareness of a market. Having worked in a global company, I’m experienced in coordinating communications across multiple regions, whether to tie together a project or deliver time-sensitive information. I also bring a clear-eyed focus to a crisis situation because of my experience covering breaking news.
S&P Global (formerly McGraw Hill Financial)/Platts, Houston, TX / Washington, DC, 2000 – 2014
- 2013-2014, Senior Editor; 2011-2013 Editor, Houston: Reviewed and revised real-time news stories on oil, gas, petrochemicals, power and metals markets for an energy news and market information publisher.
- 2006-2011 Associate Editor, Houston: News desk reporting and editing for flagship real-time news service for oil sector coverage.
- 2000-2006 Associate Editor, Washington: Reported extensively about U.S. energy policy, politics and regulation, covering the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission and its debates with stakeholders, including state agencies and members of Congress. Focused on electricity and natural gas industry news, including the Western energy crisis of 2000-2001.
Before joining McGraw Hill, I also reported on financial news for American Banker from 1995-2000, primarily based in New York, and, at the outset of my career, reported on general business news for the Baltimore Business Journal. The highlights of my financial news reporting include covering investment management, private banking and trust companies. I was reporting on conflicts and competition among banks and brokerages, finding plenty of color in a supposedly staid business.
Washington and Lee University, Lexington, Virginia, B.A., History and Journalism
- BNI Power Players, 2015-present. Member, business development and networking organization, Houston West Region
- Toastmasters International, 2014-present. Recognized as a Competent Communicator (CC); participating in Advanced Communication program. Vice President, Public Relations, for the Heritage Plaza Toastmasters Chapter (Club 9268, Area 11, Division O, District 56), July 2016-March 2017
- Society of Professional Journalists, Active Supporter; former professional member. Houston Professional Chapter Secretary, 2008-2012.
For more resume details, please see: linkedin.com/in/katharinefraser